Patient Recruiter - Lampasas
Job Title: Patient Recruiter
Job location: 207 West Avenue East Lampasas, TX 76550
Job Type: Full-time
Under minimal supervision, is responsible for reading and understanding research protocols and their inclusion/exclusion criteria. Reviewing patient medical records to determine eligibility for said research protocols. Documents eligibility clearly and concisely. Works in compliance with FMC Science Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) principles of Good Clinical Practice and all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Supports and adheres to the FMC Science to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing medical histories to determine eligibility for research protocols.
- Utilizes FMC Science’s CTMS system to update medical history from patient EMR or paper records.
- Responsible for documenting eligibility criteria in a clear concise manner within patient profile.
- Responsible for reviewing daily provider schedules to determine eligibility of in clinic patients prior to and after their scheduled appointments.
- Stays up to date with changing protocol criteria by completing training as it becomes available.
- May assist in recruitment phone calls on an as needed basis.
- May assist recruitment team in database analysis in search for eligible participants based on key eligibility criteria.
- May assist with collection of vital signs and EKGs and other various assessments (as appropriately trained) of study participants.
- Maintains research records in a confidential manner according to practice policies, sponsor confidentiality agreements, HIPAA guidelines and any other applicable regulations.
- Proficiency in Excel or similar programs
High school diploma or equivalent required with at least 2+ years previous experience in the medical field as an MA, LVN, or similar role; or prior research experience. Working knowledge of research methodology, medical terminology, and pharmacology. Understanding of disease process and ability to understand how medications work to control laboratory values. Knows how to navigate EMR systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Required hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision correctable to 20/20. Requires occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
Reliable transportation between multiple sites located in: Lampasas, Georgetown, Round Rock and surrounding areas with valid drivers license is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee us exposed to conditions typical in a medical office setting.